Thursday 23 April 2015

Do not support Net Neutrality; it is anti-market.

When I purchase a laptop, the laptop vendor gives me a deal e.g. USB internet dongle at 50% discount provided I use it for minimum 6 months.
When I purchase a phone from my operator, the operator gives me a discount and low EMI provided I don't change the operator for next few months.
Different businesses join together to offer better deals to their customers. It is normal; it is not an exploitation of customer; it is not big-business killing small-business.

Similarly, Airtel can offer a deal for facebook users; Vodafone should be able to offer a deal for BlackBerry/Google users; and so on.

Net neutrality means all network traffic to be created equal. So these deals from Airtel and Vodafone will become illegal.
The government should not interfere with market. Let the free market decide. If most customers want net neutrality, Telecom operators will be forced to offer the same.
Net neutrality means lack of freedom for Telecom operators and hence customer. Net neutrality means more rules and regulations to govern Telecom operators. Net neutrality means more power to government, instead of market.

Do NOT support net neutrality.


No comments:

Post a Comment