Wednesday 31 August 2016

What to do during Ganesh Chaturthi festival?

During this festival,

  • Some of my neighbors want me to come to their house and participate in Puja.
  • The colony, where I live, wants to keep Ganesh idol and they want some donation from me.
  • Some people tell me that I should pray everyday. That is much better than once a year praying, during this festival
  • Some friends wants me to donate my time/money to poor/under-privileged rather than "wasting" it on some illusory "God".

I believe in "World perfection through Self perfection". I have to constantly improve myself and for this purpose I will do whatever is necessary e.g.

  • If praying helps to calm my mind, I will do it.
  • If donating for an idol in my colony helps me, I will do it.
  • If praying everyday helps, then I will do it.
  • If serving poor is want benefits me, then I will do that.

We have no control over others; we have control over ourselves. If we try to constantly improve ourselves, it is likely that the people around us will also benefit.
If I have many flaws, then no matter what I do during this festival, I will only cause problems for myself and people around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment